This area shows the configured Targets inside your account.
A Target is the last step in the Image Management creation process that typically starts from the ground upwards. You start with adding Resources to your account.
Target Creation Process
The process of creating a Target is as follows:
- Add Resources (e.g. PowerShell scripts, installation and configuration files)
- Assign these Resources to Provisioners
- Create Groups from Provisioners (e.g. Baseline Configuration)
- Create Roles out of multiple Groups (e.g. Citrix Server VDA or Web Server)
- Create a Operating System configuration item (e.g. Windows Server 2019 x64 in english)
- Define a Builder (e.g. build the image on AWS in eu-central-1 on a m5.xlarge instance)
- Put everything together to create an image template that can be used in a next step to provision your infrastructure
The Targets table view shows the following columns.
The name of the Target a user defined.
If existent, the base image that should be used to create a new Target from.
The latest supported version of Packer that was used to create the Target.
The Operating System that should be used for the image creation.
The Role that is attached to the Target.
The Builder that is assigned to the Target.
The date the Target was created.
The Action menu on the right side shows more information. You can choose between:
Starts the image build process as configured on the Target.
Shows the already created images and the corresponding log file.
This action deletes the Target and all its created images in the configured destination.